It’s coming the last Saturday of the Month at the Jamul Primary School parking lot, 14567 Lyons Valley Road, Jamul, 11:00-12:30. It’s the East County Produce Exchange. Bring your extra lemons and oranges. Bring your lettuce and kale and other winter crops that you have been growing in your garden. See what your neighbors are growing. Find out how they grow it. Often people bring seeds and seedlings and flowers to share, as well. Even if you don’t have anything to share, come on by, meet your neighbors and take home some home grown fruits and veggies. For more information go to East County Produce Exchange.
1. Plant cool season vegetables which include beets, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, lettuce, peas, radishes, turnips, white potatoes.
2. Plant any of these flowers California poppy, dianthus, larkspur, marigold, snapdragon, stock, sweet pea, and pansies.
3. Plant seeds for dill, oregano, and parsley.
4. Plant bare root varieties of roses, fruit trees, rhubarb, and cane berries.
5. Prune roses and stone fruit trees.
6. Pull weeds before they flower and spread their seeds.
7. Take out old tomato, squash, and pepper plants and compost them. This helps control deceases and pests.