1. Plant cool season vegetables which include beets, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, lettuce, peas, radishes, turnips, white potatoes.
2. Plant any of these flowers California poppy, dianthus, larkspur, marigold, snapdragon, stock, sweet pea, and pansies.
3. Plant seeds for dill, oregano, and parsley.
4. Plant bare root varieties of roses, fruit trees, rhubarb, and cane berries.
5. Prune roses and stone fruit trees.
6. Pull weeds before they flower and spread their seeds.
7. Take out old tomato, squash, and pepper plants and compost them. This helps control deceases and pests.